Coopers Blue Water Classic
6 – 8 October 2023
2023 Coopers Blue Water Classic
All registrations are required to lodged online at Eventbrite.com.au, Tuesday 3rd October 2023 closing at 5pm.
Take Note: Registrations will not be accepted on Wednesday or Briefing night.
Anglers from across the Northern Territory come together to compete in the biggest Blue Water competition in the NT. All competitors must attend the briefing night Wednesday 4th October 2023 and collect their competitor tags. Competitors cannot request family nor friends to collect their competitor tags on their behalf. Fishing commences 4am Friday 6th October 2023 and anglers will be on the lookout for 15 species of fish plus the Sailfish and Marlin. Points are given out by the kilo of each species caught and there is a special Grand Slam jackpot for competitors or teams who catch one each 15 species. There is an additional prize for the team who catches (one each) most of the 15 species if the Grand Slam is not won. The additional prize must include the comp species.
Competitors must return for the weigh in on Sunday 8th October 2023, the last weigh in is 6pm sharp. Throughout weigh-in random competitions will be ran to guess the weight of a fish.
Presentation night is Saturday 21st October 2023 from 6pm where the prize winners will be announced. Each competitor receives 2 buffet tickets with their competition entry. Fishing shirts are encouraged to be worn. To be eligible to win the Lucky door prize/s competitors must attend the Briefing Night and place their competitor tags on entry in a bucket to win.
Excess fish can be donated to FOODBANK NT at the weigh-in. Even non-competition species can be donated.
Briefing Night Wednesday 4th October from 6pm
Competition Days Friday 6th, 7th and 8th October
Weigh-In Sunday 8th October from 12-6pm
Presentation Night Saturday 21st October from 6pm (note 2 weeks after the comp)
Competition: $250.00 per person to enter. Children free up to age 15: Maximum 2 Children and 1 Adult meeting maximum team of three (3).
• Each team can consist of maximum 1, 2 or 3 competitors only, including at least one (1) adult per team.
• No purely junior teams are permitted, under 15 years of age are free to enter with a paying adult.
• A limit of two (2) teams per boat is allowed.
• All occupants of any boat fishing in the competition must be registered entrants, excluding crew of licensed chartered vessels.
• There are three (3) boating categories:
o Category 1 – Boats 6.5m and over
o Category 2 – Boats 5.5m to 6.49m
o Category 3 – Boats under 5.49m
• There are two (2) categories: Still photograph and video.
• Photos and Videos must include some 2023 Coopers Blue Water Classic merchandise.
• All photos and videos must be emailed to the [email protected] on the day of Weigh-In 8th October any entries after this date will not be accepted.
• All photos and videos will remain the property of the Darwin Trailer Boat Club and may be used in future promotional material.
Have any questions or submit your registration email: [email protected]
Ticket Link: Eventbrite
Stay up to date!
Sign up to our eNewsletter and keep up to date with everything Coopers Blue Water Classic