Coopers Blue Water Classic
Darwin’s Premier Fishing Competition
27-29 October 2017
The Darwin Trailer Boat Club is home to the annual Coopers Blue Water Classic and is Darwin’s premier fishing competition.
Being a family event and open to both the Club Members and the general public, all are encouraged to have a go and participate in what has proven to be a fun filled exciting event for the whole family!
The Coopers Blue Water Classic (CBWC) includes 3 different boating categories:
- Cat 1: Boats over 6.00m
- Cat 2: Boats between 5.500m to 5.999m
- Cat 3: Boats under 5.499m
This fishing competition is a unique experience with great prizes and the best time for memories to be made on and off the water when we all gathered for the Award & Presentation Dinner night where the final results were made public and the winners presented with their bounty.
Here the 2017 key dates and highlights:
- BRIEFING: Wednesday 25 October
- COMPETITION DAYS: Friday 27 to Sunday 29 October
- AWARDS & PRESENTATION NIGHT: Saturday 4 November.
- LUCKY DOOR PRIZE: 2 return Airnorth flights to Broome plus 2 nights accommodation
- Adult Club Member: 90$ per angler
- Adult Non-Member: 130$ per angler
- Junior (under 16 at 27/10/17): FREE
Too many to list them all, here some of the main ones:
- 3x return flights for 2 pax to Broome with Airnorth
- 10x $500 Nautilus Marine Insurance vouchers
- 3x Coopers BBQ Buddy (3 in 1 – Fire Pit – BBQ – Cooler)
- 3x Coca Cola Eskies
- 4x $250 Car Rentals
- $500 The Canopy Man store voucher
- 2x $250 BTC Parts & Accessories store vouchers
- Lots of fishing gear sponsored by Holdfast Insurance, Anaconda & Carodale Plumbing …and many more not listed!
For more information about the competition rules please refer to the Rules Booklet.
Sign up to our eNewsletter to stay in touch and be one of the first to find out about the particulars for the 2017 Coopers Blue Water Classic!
Every year the Darwin Trailer Boat Club proudly supports Foodbank NT, as fishermen can donate their excess fish to this local organisation to help out Territorians who struggle to put food on the table. Tons of fish have been donated already… and we’re looking forward to this year’s donations.
Thanks to all of our generous sponsors, who make this event possible and ensure its success.