Footy Tipping at the Darwin Trailer Boat Club 2016
It’s that time of year again to get your colours out and show your support for your favourite AFL team. The Darwin Trailer Boat Club, major sponsor Coopers and the Footy Tipping Committee will be ensuring this tipping season is full of fun and frivolity.
SIGN ON DAY – FRIDAY 26th 4pm-6pm
Join us on Friday the 26th of February between 4pm and 6pm (Happy hour starts at 4!) for the Sign-On day. This year we are offering a discount if you pay upfront. If you can’t make it down for the sign up day, that’s ok. The Registration form and full details are available below.
DTBC Members Footy Tipping Rules.
We hope the following will assist your participation. If you have any further comments or queries please don’t hesitate to contact the Club by phone
(8981 6749) or the footy tipping email address: [email protected]
- Cost per participant:$20.00 to register plus $115.00 which can be paid weekly (23 rounds @ $5.00 per round) when submitting tips.
- If you would like to pay the registration and the weekly tipping in advance the total cost is $120.00 (a discount of $15.00).
- Payments should be made to the bar staff and a receipt will be issued. The receipts will be recorded on a spreadsheet held at the Club and checked by the Footy Tipping Committee. If emailing tips you need to ensure you have paid your $5.00 prior to commencement of the round.
- Points will be recorded on the Footy Tipping Board ASAP after each round. If you have registered an email address the information will be emailed to you.
- The winner of the round is the person who selects the most wins for the full round. If there is more than one person, the winner is the one with the closest winning margin in the first game.
- If there are 3 or more winners, the prize will jackpot to the following week.
- Weekly footy tips can be placed in the box by the bar or can be emailed to [email protected] Tips must reach the Club (either in the box or by email) by 6pm prior to the first match. The box will be collected by the Footy Tipping Committee at 6.00pm on the day of the first game.
- Where there are no tips submitted, no points will be allocated.
- Where there has been no payment of $5.00, no points will be allocated.
- If any game is a draw, everyone will be given a point.
- Every 4th round will be a mystery round.
- The finals are not included in the footy tipping tally.
- The weekly prize money and final prize money will be decided by the Footy Tipping Committee once we have final number of participants.
- On Grand Final Day, a celebration will be held at the Darwin Trailer Boat Club and the winners will be announced for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes along with mystery rounds and other competitions on the day.